January 1, 2015

Pixel Painting - And Make it Double (Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow)


This commission was done to be given as a wedding gift .

How. Awesome.

After working with the buyer to figure out exactly what they wanted, they settled on the original Game Boy sprites of Jessie and James. But again, like the Gym Leader sprites, there wasn't any good color versions of these characters in this form.

Those colors are...just awful.

I poked around the internet, seeing what others had done in terms of coloring these sprites, and came up with a hybrid of the parts I liked the best. I think it turned out pretty damn good.




The only thing I might change is the light shading on their clothes. Right now it's a very light blue, which works well with the background choice and all, but I was toying with making it a shade of gray instead. I think both work fine, so no worries on my end.




The buyer said that the newlyweds were ecstatic to receive it, since they are apparently huge Pokémon fans, of Jessie and James in particular. I'm glad it all worked out. There's not a ton of in-progress photos, because I was doing a million things at the same time due to the holidays, and my whole setup was wedged into a poorly lit, crowded room. Too much fun.


Commissions are always welcome. Price varies based on the size and complexity of the sprite/scene. I moderate comments, so feel free to leave one with your contact email and request and I'll get back to you ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment