July 9, 2013

Pixel Painting - Four Warriors of Light (Final Fantasy)


Ugh. This is a perfect example of a good idea being poorly executed. This painting is from a few years back, I just found it buried in my basement. It's one of my earliest attempts at figuring out how to do these paintings.

The use of space and technique is embarrassing, but I still like the core idea.

I really want to go back and try to salvage this project at some point. I think I could eventually turn it into something presentable. I'll probably set it as a side project, because I have too many new projects to think about that are way higher on my priority list. I might even be better off taking the core idea and starting from scratch. Something to muse on, I suppose.

I do remember that the text is in the actual game font, and that it was a total bitch to paint, mainly due to my method at the time. The frame border is also the actual window border in-game, and the corner spheres are the four elemental orbs. Thankfully I've gotten way better at these projects at literally every step of the process.

Gah, it's so hideous!!!

Commissions are always welcome. Price varies based on the size and complexity of the sprite/scene. I moderate comments, so leave one with your contact email and request.

1 comment:

  1. This is just awesome! I want one of these! Soooo Vintage!

    ReplyDelete